Monday, January 5, 2009

A Brief Post

As I am fighting off an illness, today's post will be brief.

On Friday I published the master list of stocks for consideration for my Obama Fund. The objective of the Obama Fund is to multiply my investment by 10x over two years via stock selection, intermediate term trading and stock rotation. All the stocks on the list have the capability to provide 3-4x multiple returns in that period if and only if ("IFF" for non-mathematically inclined readers) Obama performs well as US President. See Friday's post for details.

As the morning rally seemed to hold promise, I bought quite a few stocks around 10:30AM ET. Added to prior holdings of FCX, EXM, GNK HUN, FCT and SSCC were AMCN, MOS, KBR, MS, IHG, CAB, MTW, TEX, IDSA, MRT, FL, RCKY, CMI, SUTR, SID, SPAR, CLDN, ANF, NBG, WFT, ME, GPOR, GMET, ROSE, HWD, GT, SGR, FTK, CETV.

As you can see, I am very well diversified. About 1/2 of buying power is invested. I wait now.

In a separate, very long term account, I also, bought some CCJ and RIG. I don't check that account very often so those are quite long term positions.

Word of the Day

"Tanistry" - noun [$100]
"Tanist" - noun [$100]
Tanistry means the system among various Celtic tribes of choosing a tanist.
Tanist means the successor apparent for a Celtic chief, usually the oldest or worthiest of his kin, chosen by election among the leaders of his tribe during his lifetime.
Sentence: The Democratic party and media tanistry for filling the to-be-vacant Senate seat for New York is quite unusual. A Mrs. Schossberg, neé Caroline Kennedy, a formerly dignified lady with no political, legislative or leadership experience, seems to be the favored candidate and has apparent support of President-elect Obama as a payoff for her early, valuable support for his presidential candidacy . Considerations of ability to serve the people of New York are not heard from those pushing her appointment. Perhaps she is suitable, as the people of New York seem has a history of preferring a celebrity Senator.

exper

20 comments:

mfl59 said...

So the main cog in your bullish thesis lies in Obama performing well Bunkerman? You realize, of course, that he is a politican...

Bunkerman said...

All he has to do is read my blog and obey. Besides itis in his self-interest. He needs the economy to grow to get tax money to spend.

Bunkerman said...

I wouldn't call him just a cog, he's more like the transmission. He needs to down shift to gain power & momentum, then with speed the normal motor will take over.

Downshifting prevents the stall, too.

maverick said...

I feel your pain Bman...get well soon

Spin-em said...

did lil Christopher stab merny after his math lesson 2 weeks ago???...somebody call the cops!!

Frosty said...

Bunky...that ISM # still eating at my brain...no worries for you I guess...street 50-55 earnings 09 spiddy is way to high...40 more like it given that ISM, give it a decent bear market 10 multiple, spiddy 400....dry powder indeed.

Bunkerman said...

I don't stocks price off trough earnings.

If ISM is very low in April, that is different.

Everyone got scared and cut back in October, thanks to the idiot R's.

mfl59 said...

Bud who do you like tonight? I'll assume you'll post the real pick, unless otherwise specified...thanks

mfl59 said...

Bunkerman are you equally weighted in all stocks? If not, which ones comprise the largest allocation?

Frosty said...

Mr Hunt...there will be no front running Bunky...he plans to play his cards near the vest this year...please return to the back of the bus sir.

Frosty said...

Bunky gravy train is history...wonder if fat Al has a blog.

Bunkerman said...

Not equal weighted, but none really big compard to others. I have a bit less of the really small resources stocks just because there are a lot of them, as they are riskier.

I think FCX is my biggest, then EXM and GNK. I think MOS and CMI are next. Then ultra risky SSCC.

I didn't think about the ratios hugely as I plan alter adds.

Bunkerman said...

Of course I traded around FCX, EXM and GNK before official Obama Fund kick-off.

Bunkerman said...

Uh ... Al is not fat. Tall. But the nickname comes from Snorky of course.

Spin-em said...

vto....was that a Rhetorical question???..loool...Bunk did alot of thinking for you to just become a non poster again??

Bunkerman said...

KBR is a bit more than others, too.
Otherwise, roughly equal.

I'll adjust on the adds if I find reasons.

mfl59 said...

you selling some FTK Bunkerman, or?

Bunkerman said...

Of course not selling FTK - I supose if it goes to 10 I might flip it & look to re-buy.

Bunkerman said...

if trhis pullback extends a bit more, might try to pick up some more names/adds.

I'm not following these closely, btw. A couple times a day is all.

If they are good traders, go for it. These stocks seem perky.

Frosty said...

Bunky...thanks for the ok to trade the list.