Thursday, May 13, 2010

3G

I've been wrestling with what will be my focus for the next three months - that is, besides bashing beefers (aka big, evil funds).

First, at the prodding of Mrs. B, an old high school teacher and my readings from the ancient world, I will start to learn ancient Greek. That will complete my language program to truly cover ALL the major languages of Europe and European history. I have one advantage - I already know the Greek alphabet from my physics training.

Second, I will start an intensive program in German. My German has languished as the beginner study materials available are a bit inferior to those available for the other languages. BUT I think with an intensive effort, I can overcome that and move my German to the next level, where the study materials are quite good.

Third is GREASE. I am making this the summer of the Half-track. A local friend & I will finish the brakes and suspension spring check-out. We have one track brake to adjust properly, which involves removal and re-installation of a 400 lb. track. After that, the rest is easy. Then I'll clean the spark plugs and fire it up. The half-track will roll again !!! Photos to be posted when it does.

A 3G summer should be fun.

Actions

Market were up again, frustrating me. Doing nothing, have cash to reinvest.

Word of the Day

"Pertinacious" - adjective [$10]; "Pertinacity" - noun [$10]
Pertinacious means stubborn, persistent, obstinent (in a course of action).
Pertinacity means the quality of being pertinacious.
Sentence: Bunkerman hopes the "tea party" movement has pertinacity in finding honest candidates who will reduce the size of government.

23 comments:

Bunkerman said...

Initial Claims 444K vs 440K consensus, prior revised to 448K from 444K

far too high.

Frosty said...

sieg heil bunkerman...fire up the half tracker warms my heart..."We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads on our half tracks."

Bunkerman said...

yeahhhhhh !

Hi Yahhhhhhhhhhhh !

mfl59 said...

is the 1-2-3 Fund considering a put purchase?

Bunkerman said...

nope. I await an entry for Krypto's longs.

If Krypto was selling, THEN I'd be thinking of a put purcahse.

I think ignoring Krypto was a big part of my poor batting average recently.

Frosty said...

spiddy off a duce...KRYPTO ALL IN...buck fever making the rounds.

mfl59 said...

Nailed it!!!

Bought the eminis this morning at 3am...just flipped em....

Danke vielamls Sal!!!

Spin-em said...

Hey bunk..who leads the low for Spy gold helmet contest?...is it mav??

Frosty said...

Bunky...is it possible that after the prisonstyle aazzzrape the common man received by the beefers last week that he his buying back from those scummmmmbbaaagggggssssss.

Bunkerman said...

yes, Mav leads for the first half high Helmet - he picked 1215.

For close, it's a wild race. Bud has 1200, so is in lead.

Frosty said...

uh Bunk...Spin asked about the LOW...perhaps time to brush up on the english sir.

Frosty said...

niedrig

Frosty said...

Mrs B...while Bunky spends the summer in the barn playin with his "BIG TOOLS" should you get lonely...I'll be around...just tossin it out there.

Bunkerman said...

there was no "low" contest.

Bunkerman said...

guess in future, a high and low helmet contest might be be better

Frosty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frosty said...

oh yes...high and close end of Q2...nono low, my bad.

Spin-em said...

bunk...mike thinks youre mistaken on the low pool......

Bunkerman said...

there was a close and high pool - I wrote them down.

mfl took 475 for the close pool.

Frosty said...

Mrs B here is my email...just in case

frostluvtrain@jumponboard.com

mfl59 said...

Bunkerman is it fair to say you are going through of period of ennui ($100) with the stock market?

Bunkerman said...

yes, mfl. I have other matters I am working on a lot, most importantly helping out an old friend.

ennui must just be a $10 word ... not inflation yet.

;)

Bunkerman said...

simply, I'm a good fellow & that's more important to me. I just can't concentrate on the market for the past month or so.