Friday, May 21, 2010

TGIF

I must be jaded after living through the past three years. The screeches of panic just don't affect me any more. I lived through the Crash of 1987, the Panic of 2008 and then the grinding fall to the lows in March 2009. This latest "panic" seems just stupid. To me, it's another sign of too much money sloshing in trading hedge funds. For a few months they loaded up on resource stocks, tech and some big industrials. Now they all sell at once on "fear" (reportedly). Of what ? Most likely, on the fear their management fees for the year to date will be lost.

Sigh ...

It's good to have a dog running my Krypto Fund. My dog, Krypto, is unaffected by all this bloviation and blather. She only understands a few words of American and simply invests by the numbers. I'll run Krypto's model this AM to see if she has any orders. A week has past since the last actions, so it's time to re-look.

Mrs. B seems ready to buy some stocks now. If she does, I'll post it.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful day here and I'll likely take a long walk.

Languages

My study of ancient Greek are going well. I think I'll be able to become roughly literate in it in a couple years, but I will, of course, be dictionary-dependent. Once ancient Greek gets onto a solid footing, I'll re-start by general language program.

DC

The Senate passed the financial reform bill. I suppose the head DC knave, Harry Ried, just could not resist playing some political games as he refused to let votes come up on some good amendments, viz., those of McCain and Cantwell. The sleaze is DC is so manifest: the Augean stables were pristine compared to DC.

Word of the Day

"Repine" - verb, intransitive [$10]
Repine means to be discontented or low in spirits; complain or fret; 2. to yearn after something,
Sentence: Bunkerman repines for a few honest leaders to be elected in November for DC.

2 comments:

Bunkerman said...

Krypto bot some US, Pacific and Emerging market stocks from cash.

Mrs. B buying CLF.

Bunkerman said...

beautiful day here - enjoy the weekend.