Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Movie

Last night we watched a very enjoyable movie - Tremors. It's a humorous spoof about a remote desert community finding itself invaded by huge, carnivorous underground creatures [named "Graboids" by the townspeople] that are inferred to have arisn by radiation induced mutations. What's really fun about the show is the character, Bert Gummer, who's a skilled survivalist living with his equally competent wife in a ... bunker.

Here's some info about the character of Bert Gummer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Gummer

We enjoyed the TV series that came from the movie when it was repeated on the Science Fiction channel a few years ago. The monsters are a bit like the giant worms from the book, Dune, but smaller. The show (movie or series) is a hilarious parody of sci fi monsters, survivalists, country/western characters, rowdy blue collar workers, scientists, and government bureaucrats - lolol, maybe it's a parody of everyone.

If you want to have a some fun and can put ourself in a silly frame of mind, try it.

And when you see Bert & Mrs. Bert and their bunker, think of moi et ma femme - me and my wife. [a joke]

One thing ... my bunker has much better concealment and terrain cover than Bert's.

Actions

Krypto is still salivating, but is patient. Mrs. B is nonchalantly patient.

Word of the Day

"Imbricate" - verb, transitive and intransitive [$10]
Imbricate means arrange (leaves, scales of fish, etc.), or to be arranged so as to overlap like roof tiles.
Sentence: Roman legionaries had good body armor: steel greaves and helmet, chain mail shirts and sometimes steel plates imbricated with wire to form flexible covering for the chest and back.

14 comments:

mfl59 said...

did you fire Krypto yet for some of her buys?

Bunkerman said...

nope, she's a master. We don't worry about a few % - the big # matter.

aka "we don't care about no bleeping blips hits".

Bunkerman said...

Krypto has plenty to re-invest - phases in buys for time diversification.

Bunkerman said...

Hmmm looks like I was very right about those puts, but at the wrong time.

:(((((((((((((

Bunkerman said...

Initial Claims 471K vs 439K consensus, prior revised to 446K from 444K

far too high.

Thanks, Sulla, for putting the common man on your list.

Bunkerman said...

hmmm I wonder if GS is getting close to book balue ?

BUT if it does, do I still want it ?

;)

mfl59 said...

your girl Meredith sounded as bearish as ever on the financials...I might add she looked wonderful sans makeup...

Bunkerman said...

lol, I guess that wrestler is putting "vitality" into her ..

;))

Bunkerman said...

btw, I'm no fan of the big fins now either.

Bunkerman said...

Hmmm Mrs. B the best again, still is patient.

Spin-em said...

Sal singing to Jim after washin the big screens

I'll take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollypop
Go 'head girl don't you stop
Keep going 'til you hit the spot

I'll take you to the candy shop
Boy one taste of what I got
I'll have you spending all you got
Keep going 'til you hit the spot


You can have it your way, how do you want it
You gon' back that thing up, or should i push up on it
Temperature rising, okay, lets go to the next level
Dance floor jam packed, hot as a teakettle
I break it down for you now, baby its simple
If you be a nympho, I'll be a nympho
In the hotel, or in the back of the rental
On the beach or in the park, just whatever you into
Got the magic stick, I'm the love doctor
Have you friends teaching you 'bout how sprung I got ya
Wanna show me how you work it baby, no problem get on top
Then get your bounce around, like a little rider
I'm season's fit when it come to this shit
After you work up a sweat you can play with this stick
I'm trying to explain baby the best way I can
I melt in your mouth girl, not in your hands (ha ha)

Bunkerman said...

lololololol

mfl59 said...

lololololol spin...Bud come back son...stop acting like an Upper East Side brat

Spin-em said...

T2108 10 bunk