Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fine, Simple Food

I enjoyed some fine dinners in my hometown - the area is developing some wineries and one in particular has a fine restaurant attached. I took some friends there on two occasions, enjoying several varieties of wine ... and the MidWest red meat in the steaks and roast beef ;)

BUT the treat of the week was a lunch with Big Al, Grand Jean and a few colleagues at a special place. It's just a little trailer that looks like a log cabin and is parked on a small lot across from a pizza shop. The food was superb ! The special of the "House" is the "Plowboy" - a scrumptious baked potatoes filed with pulled pork and laden with barbecue sauce and some white sauce. The photo is my Plowboy half eaten (taken with my iPhone).

This food was just excellent - tasty, filling and cheap. The Plowboy costs $5. That's my root beer in the photo, courtesy of Big Al et al. Thanks, guys for a great meal !!!

Actions

I plan to sell a bushel of TIPs soon and put the money in cash. I'll buy stocks on a further dip towards S&P 1000 area.

Word of the Day
"Hendiadys" - noun [$10]
Hendiadys means an expression of an idea by two words connected with 'and' instead of one modifying the other [e. g., 'nice and warm' for 'nicely warm']
Sentence: Is Obama better described by the hendiadys, 'sleazy and mendacious' or more compacted as 'sleazily mendacious' or perhaps 'mendaciously sleazy' ?

14 comments:

Bunkerman said...

frosty must be salivating ...

bet they don't have wholesome food like the Plowboy in South Alaska.

Bunkerman said...

sold 1/4 of my remaining TIPs - that allocation is now down to 7.5%; will take it to 5% on further rally.

Krypto now have mucho cash to buy this dip.

Looking for 1000 S&P area.

mfl59 said...

I guess that meal helps explain the obesity problem in the USA....

Frosty said...

PLOWBOY...LMAOOOOOOOO

Frosty said...

back in his college days Mav was known as the PLOWBOY when it came to trim....sorry Mrs B.

Bunkerman said...

They offered a plowgirl, too.

1/2 price, 1/2 size.

We all got the plowboy.

It was scrumptious !!!

Bud said...

Plowboy..........that looks disgusting



Root beer ???? Is big al a ponce ????????

Bud said...

Speaking of ponce's...................I haven't received any private emails from frosty


Of course I'll get one with a retroactive trade



Sent from my Ipad

Frosty said...

JAZZ was the SOW last week...short of the week that is...takin a lil dark sugar from $12...thx jim.

Bunkerman said...

hey, that was my root beer in the photo !

Bunkerman said...

it might look "disgusting" BUT it tasted great !

That type of home cooked meal puts meat on the bones ...

All natural, too - potatoes, pulled pork, BBQ sauce, etc.

mfl59 said...

what was the "white" sauce?

Bunkerman said...

lol, I don't know ...

I wonder if it was a ranch salad dressing ...

Bunkerman said...

The Plowboy - made from the food that made America Great

(in more ways that one)

:)