Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Zzzz + more

I overslept, so no post today.

Krypto didn't - she ran the model & has a weak signal for an order to sell some emerging markets. On a further stock rally, she will have more sell orders. I choose to wait a bit, at least until she barks at me or grabs my pant leg.

Word of the Day

"Refectory" - noun [$10]
Refectory means a room used for communal meals, esp. in a monastery or college.
"Refectory table" - noun [$10]
Refectory table means a long, narrow table.
Sentence: At an investment bank where I worked in the 1980s, officers used to have lunch at a few refectory tables in a dining room high above Broad Street. The venue was good for exchanging ideas and building camaraderie, and a willingness to work together. Perhaps Congress should institute this ?

No comments: