Thursday, August 16, 2007

Using Time Diversification

I analysed my time diversification buying program. My prior buy was the close on Friday July 27 at about S&P cash 1460 in the Krypto Fund. I sold some TIPs bonds and bought index funds for US, Europe, Pacific, Emerging Markets and REITs.

I think my next add point on selling bonds and buying more stocks is either (A) early September or (B) 1375 on the S&P cash index. I need either more price diversification or more time for the situation to develop.

This will be buy #2 of 3. The final buy is a pure time play for mid-to-end of October. By then this "crisis" should be fully understood.

Late October is also my add point on the Alpha Fund purchases of the big banks: BAC, C, JPM and MS (BAC is largest - about equal to 40% of total). This Alpha Fund add will be new cash I will be investing then. Otherwise, I'm just making small buys in things like CSCO and DOW. All are long term buys.

2 comments:

Bunkerman said...

All this crisis is going to drive business to the big banks. They get the Fed liquiity and can fund the loans & credit lines. They should increase fees next.

Bunkerman said...

I got lot more $$$ ready to eat Grilled Beefer if we get a real smackdown.