Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What's New ?

Nothing.

Japan growth was OK.

More "subprime" panic mongering.

There was some panic selling in former high fliers yesterday as all the beefers try to bail at the same time to save their years. Sigh ...

I might re-buy EDU if it goes lower. I sold it in October when I had a LT gain as I was lightening up. I really like that stock long term. I'll put a bid around its 200 DMA in the mid-50s. I'm in no hurry.

Be patient. Buy dips of good stocks and groups. Take your time in building a position.

I take Sky & Krypto to sheep herding today midday.

PS: WMT good earnings and revs up 8.8% year over year. Uh ... where is the pain in lower income brackets ? NFIB says no small business credit crunch. Sigh ....

10 comments:

Frosty said...

Bunkerman...have a good day playing with the farm animals...the k-9 unit must be in crack shape, the end is near.

Frosty said...

fins with the super beefer leadning the charge...GS the key, surprise :)

Bunkerman said...

Yes, the K-9 unit is in top condition - they can patrol for 30 miles easily :-)

Frosty said...

Bunkerman...none of those buys in the last hour were broken, which tells me there was enough fear...not that we good straight up, but there was some real give up.

Bunkerman said...

sheesh EDU up 7 today - that's what I get for turning off the monitors & reading. Missed it.

You're the man, frosty ;-)

Bunkerman said...

took some more YRCW - long term position building.

Bunkerman said...

Hmmm ... perhaps the events of yesterday and today prove my "beefer" theory of market movements is superior to the "random walk" hypothesis or "efficient" markets. Hehehe :-))

Frosty said...

beefers indeed...ops expo week, the real movers and shakers are now running naked into nov expo....read no puts...no pressure on the common and we lift...the common man tosses the towel yesteday...they have no chance.

Frosty said...

some say gaming ops expo is a fools game...they are best suited to stick with selling books :)

Bunkerman said...

hmmm ... some say there are no beefers ... and others say there is no window dressing.

I was listening to a lecture about Francis Bacon and the origins of the scientific method today - how experiments and observations became accepted as epistemological authority. Isn't it odd that over 500 years later some still cling to outmoded thinking ?