At the request of a reader, below are ALL my Alpha Fund holdings as of now.
India & India related: CTSH, HDB, IBN, IFOX, IGTE, INFY, MTE, PTI, RDY, REDF, SAPE, SAY, SIFY, SYNT, TTM, VSL, WIT. Largest are HDB and IBN, about equal. Smallest is PTI. India & India related are about 17% of the Alpha Fund.
Oil & gas: XOM, CVX, COP, MRO, DVN, CHK, SU, HES.
Deep water drillers: GSF, RIG, DO, NE
Other energy-related: BTU, VLO, NOV
The above three categories represent 51% of the Alpha Fund. The largest position is CVX, followed closely by DVN, COP, XOM, MRO. Hmmm. CVX is the largest overall position, too. I thought AAPL was. They're close.
Miners: BHP, FCX, PCU, CCJ, RIO, RTP, CLF. Miners are 16% of the Alpha Fund. Largest position is BHP.
Select Tech: AAPL, GOOG, ORCL. Tech is 13% of the Alpha Fund. AAPL is the largest position.
Miscellaneous: EDU, AMSC, PTN. This is only 1.5 % of the Alpha Fund.
I have losses on PTN (-30%) and SIFY (-14%). The largest gain is +149% on AMSC; second biggest is EDU at +139%. Other 100% gainers are PCU and CLF. AAPL would be over 100%, but I traded around it with calls some, and flipped & re-bought some shares lower. AAPL is +91% on my existing stock.
I don't have any idea if any of these are good entries now. I haven't checked their charts in awhile, as I follow the main fundamental story, viz., that oils & miners will lead until China says to stop.
I posted all these earlier this year and my general ideas, too. I also posted most of these stocks & the thinking in a chat room last fall and earlier.
I also posted that about 80% of my investments are in managed in my Krypto Fund. The other 20% are the Alpha Fund. About 5% in Commodities. [Yes, I know that's 105% - so renormalize them. The ratio is 16:4:1. I think of them as stated.] I can take risks in these since my Krypto Fund is very widely diversified and I consider it "safe". My long term objectives are about 10% per year on the Krypto Fund and +30%/yr in the Alpha Fund, +50%/yr in Commodities.