Thursday, February 1, 2007

Do Your Own Thinking

A comment today on a post reminded me of another blogger's post a few months ago. See the May 26, 2006 post on http://www.theideallife.blogspot.com/ . Doing my own thinking and evaluating the news has helped me hold onto a very long position for months now, in the face of numerous bear raids by the beefers. For the flip side, IF-IF-IF you every think this about a position, "well, it's down so much I own it now", SELL immediately as you are doomed to suffer a huge loss. I've been there and have seen it in others. Second, IF-IF-IF a little birdie is whispering to you, nagging you about some little tidbit of news you read/heard, follow Cromwell's advice: "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken. "

No comments: