Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ms. Market

I like to think of the markets as personified by a sultry, impetuous, flighty "Ms. Market" - that's my bit for animism ! She's a knockout and has innumerable bull and bear suitors who vie for her charms and her company.

Friday Ms. Market kicked the bulls out of bed, perhaps for insufficient earnings vigor ? Or is she tired of their action longer term ? Or did he forget their 20th anniverary ? Did the bears "get lucky" for just a one night stand or maybe it's the start of a longer, torrid affair ? Or perhaps both the bulls and bears are in for a bit of "Lysistrata" denial for a few weeks ?

Time will tell.

I think there are just too many beefers - bulls and bears - and they are suffering by underperforming ... hehe ... and Ms. Market is really tired of their antics.

A solid base needs to be built with some consolidation and some news to relieve some of the anxiety. Some beefers need to be liquidated and funds moved to longer term investments. Ms. Market wants a longer term relationship with a solid, vigorous bull.

Let's watch & see if one can arise ;-)

2 comments:

mfl59 said...

I must admit I was a little surprised at the complacency in several newspapers this weekend regsrding Friday's market action...Every "suit" that was interviewed seemed very unconcerned, that it was simply "profit-taking"...I have no idea what happens next-just thought it was a little strange....usually such a large drop would generate at least a little panic...

Bunkerman said...

interesting. I didn't notice much in Barron's, but I read it quickly.