Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Stabilization ?

Ms. Market gave us a bit of stability yesterday. This morning's futures are up a bit.

APPL had good earnings - that's still my biggest position even thought I sold 1/3 last month for money management. I think AAPL will get about 25% of the PC market. Now that AAPL can run Microsoft Office, their is really no reason for any home computer to be Windows-based. Macs are far superior for ease of use.

India markets are roaring back.

I think this economic softness is a lagged effect of the Fed's overtightening up to May 2006 - they went too far. They should have cut in June but didn't listen to me ;-)

Foreclosure bottom fishers are clustering to scoop up those deals and loans are starting to be worked out. Old beefers invested in those subprime debt securities will be liquidated by year end from redemptions. I think the very end is near for this correction, which is a second phase re-test of the summer correction.

Seasonal strength for November-April period is quite strong. A consolidation base here at the old S&P highs makes sense and I think that soon Ms. Market will be thinking about Spring fashions and a new bull leg up will begin.

I still like my Alpha Fund stocks: AAPL, big US oils, miners, deep water drillers, select Internet related tech, and big banks.

3 comments:

Bunkerman said...

I'll be out most of the day - first, sheep herding classes for Sky & Krypto; then some range time with a couple of 9mm SMGs.

Frosty said...

have a good day off Bunkerman

Frosty said...

Bunkerman...when your out and about stop and try the BWLD...gives up scoop.