Friday, December 14, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Ahhhh Las Vegas ... the dice were friendly as were the cards. I stepped up my game a bit & really had a fine time at the tables & ... the dining tables :-)

Amazingly I actually made a bit of money :-)

Mrs. B crushed them at the penny slots.

Hmm ... I see Mrs. Market has been a bit fickle ... traders must be enjoying this.

And I see Ben has not obeyed my directions fully. He seems to be trying to be a bit clever with this auction of money to the European, but at least he did cut rates and the door is open for more. Grade -> C+

The beefers who bought the banks on the dip have bailed ... ugh.

I plan to buy a bit more C this morning and some more GE, too. The reason I'm buying more C is that I noticed upon reviewing my account I had a bit of room for more of it. And the price is right.

No recession ... buy dips ... Don't Fight the Fed ... be patient. Disregarding all the hyperventilating, the Fed did cut rates again.

PS: it's been a cluster FUBAR here with the snowstorm. Luckily our flight from Las Vegas wasn't canceled - it was about 2 hours late. Then the car to pick us up at the airport was late ... then when we got to our house, the last 500 ft of the driveway wasn't plowed so we had to walk in 8" of snow :-((

PPS: So this morning Mrs. B had to take a car for abig service appt. ... and got stuck in the driveway ... so I got out to shovel & push as did a neighbor ... after about an hour we got her out & on her way. Today we will hire a new plow person & fire the old one.

P^3S: More cluster FUBAR ... my snow blower won't start :-((

19 comments:

Bunkerman said...

trannies showed some big green bars while I was in Vegas ... interesting.

Bunkerman said...

Vista sucks !!!!!

That bleeping Vista computer has been installing some update for an hour ... grrrrrrrrrrr

So I can't check emails or do any of my normal work. Sheesh what a pos!

Bunkerman said...

It's easy to see why some people prefer apartment living.

mfl59 said...

neighbor? i thought the nearest neighbor was a few miles away?

welcome back sir!

Bunkerman said...

lolol they are about 500 ft away through the trees

Frosty said...

Bunkerman...welcome home, sounds like you had good times and I must say you appear in a good mood...C+, your grading system is far too easy or you are still basking in the glow of table wins.

Frosty said...

C+...the more I see that grade the more steamed I become....we need lower rates and the yeild curve working in the banks favor to get out of this...of course we can always buy the fins coming out of bankruptcy.

Bunkerman said...

maybe I am being generous. 4.25% is too high, no doubt. It's on the upper end of the neutral band and that's too high. 3% would be correct.

Poole fools and his cronies are fighting the battle of 1980 gain. I just hope this gradualism doesn't come too late.

OK how about D+. I can't give an F since they did cut, at least.

Frosty said...

Bunkerman...blower not working, and no plow attachment for the tank? which means you are not mine sweep capable either...your PM program needs a good IG inspection to tighten things up around the bunker...your preperation level is disgustiing, shame on you :)

Bunkerman said...

true, I've been a bit sloppy lately. But I did get the Dow 15,000 helmets. I think they can double for Gold 1,000, too.

Bunkerman said...

these inflation mongers on TV are sickening. How many US jobs to they want to destroy in quixotic attampt to control the price of oil, corn & wheat ? The Fed can't control Chinese demand.

Bud said...

1 guy lives in the woods surrounded by barbed wire......isolated from the real world ( and reality) ....and the other guy lives in south alaska ( prolly in rambo's cave).....and you 2 are givin grades to Ben?........i think he has more info available to him than a couple of paranoid bunk-mates

Frosty said...

uh Bud, we pay his salary.

Frosty said...

AA...Bunkerman is that going to hold 35...have zinc prices bottomed, seems cheap and the china export tax should help prices further...had a good bounce, another 25% reasonable?

Bunkerman said...

I own AA mainly as a LT takeover play. I figure someone buys them sooner or later, maybe for $50.

Mngt. is a bit mediocre, though, so they miss earnings a lot.

mfl59 said...

Frosty what is your read on the broader mkt heading into options expiry?

Bunkerman said...

Bud, you need to be more skeptical of authority.

I went to college with some of those numbskulls, so its easy for me to recognize they can really mess things up.

Frosty said...

MLF59 more VIX next week...one large up day and one dowm...more players calling it a year which works off most of the overbought condition.

Frosty said...

$NDX 2035 some unfinished work to clean up...I think at thatr point I will stick in a bid.