Monday, December 31, 2007

Gold Bars

Many years ago I took a Chinese cooking class from Joyce Chen, who appeared on TV in the 1970s and ran a restaurant in the Boston area - there's a Chinese food company in her name now.

She said that making or having spring rolls / egg rolls on New Year's Eve is good luck since they resemble gold bars and will bring prosperity. In normal years I would make a batch myself and have them for New Year's Eve ... with my martinis, of course.

But this year I'll have to settle for some from the China Wok restaurant. Mom's kitchen is in the disaster area ... sigh ... what a mess !

I figure the bears will window dress today and knock stocks down to protect their paydays. On Wednesday I should be back in my office and will calculate the year's results. With the XLE near all time highs I expect it will be a good one for the Alpha Fund. But it's return will have been dragged down by my big cap fins positions. Obviously I was too early there.

Gold will help the Krypto Fund a lot as I had over 10% in it there.

Enjoy a "World's Finest Martini" tonight and look forward to a good 2008.

Just learn what you can from the past, then forget it and look forward. Big gains loom, in my humble opinion, and I am positioned to grab onto them.

1 comment:

Frosty said...

Happy New Year all...Bunkerman special thanks to you for the blog, it has been informative and a good time, indeed.