Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Diet Working

Hey, my diet is working. Even with my backsliding on the exercise for the past month, I've lost about 5 pounds :-)

I just switch foods to tasty. lower calorie alternatives. And eat as much organic as possible. No sugar or sugar-loaded foods. I'll write more about it later.

I did miss the blog. I had so many thoughts with no place to write them. So I jotted them down in a note & hope to post them later.

PS: I bought some Dec corn & Nov soybeans this AM - not a lot.

PPS: In Ohio, I did eat two pizzas from the Best Pizza Shop East of the Mississippi - double pepperoni, onion, yellow pepper, black olives & mushrooms. Mmmm. :-)

P^3S: By the way, my definite impression was fewer cars & trucks on the Interstates between Massachusetts & central Ohio.

P^4S: I tried to install an update to Microsoft Vista that I have on a new computer. It had a fatal error and gave me some 8 byte error message. Sheesh, their own update bombed. What jerks!

12 comments:

mern said...

whats up K dog. on the CC'S ive listened to the theme is clear. US biz is weak. europe gud, asian on fire. weak $ and stock buybacks seem to account for most of the EPS gains. so while im not leaning short or rather long, i just see the disconnect between the USA stagflation economy and stocks being very over extended.

im just grinding it out like the 84 redskins. hand off to riggins, up the middle, a cloud of dust and 3.4yrds gained. lots of fun ;-)

si said...

Hi folks,

select sectors working mern, steels, solars, some miners

Bunkerman said...

I heard on the news while in Ohio that 50% of business (revs) of S&P 500 was now from overseas. So that's your answer, Mern.

US slow-moderate growth, disinflation, lower interest rates is a good environment for US stocks.

The weekly S&P shows an good uptrend and the last pullback was bought by the real buyer

Even XLE doesn't look extended on the weekely chart - just breaking out of a long base.

mern said...

die solar stocks die

LOL

si said...

four letter stock TRCR, bunkerman you don't necessarily like, good earnings, bought today

mern said...

i fought solar and solar won

d'oh

:-(

mern said...

well i give up, loaded long, look out below!

si said...

that TRCR does look good, hope you guys hopped on that mini pullback

mern said...

how about being long 2k AAPL into that rinse, selling that, going short 3k just becuase. covering at lo, but missed the entire ride back up.

stereo guy came here to hook up my new stereo, that 10 minutes cost me.
drat

but boy does this thing sound gud. this grateful dead band, aint bad

Bunkerman said...

Judy Garland would probably sound super good on it ;-)

mern said...

judy garland, ROFL!

not many bands like the boys. 500 song rotation. no setlists, just go onstage and drop rain for 3 hours and change for almost 30 yrs. i dont count 92-95 becuase jerry was so bad it was pathetic.
the interaction between the members was/is like watching bob cousy and celts back in the 60's. simply artwork with little practice.

Bunkerman said...

Well, the early big band guys could do that - sit & play for hours. Benny Goodman, etc.

But very few since then could do it.