Thursday, April 26, 2007

Male - Female Differences

Not those! ;-)

I mean in senses and instinctive skills. Remember, human beings evolved over two million years as hunter-gatherers. And from observations of primitive peoples, the men did most of the hunting and the women did most of the gathering.

I've seem scientific studies that men have a superior sense of direction. I suppose that might have evolved so they wouldn't get lost while hunting for hours. [ Hmmm, and we know men don't like to ask for directions - can't admit failure of primitive skills? ;-) ]

I've also seen scientific studies that women have a better sense of smell, and taste, I suppose. Since they gathered food & prepared the food, that ability would lead to less poisoning from spoiled food, mold toxins, etc., leading to higher survival rates.

From personal observation, I think men have hear better and have better night vision. [The hearing applies to younger men now mostly as many older men have poor hearing from war and operating heavy machinery.] The hunting again, perhaps?

If anyone has other insight on this matter, I'd appreciate a comment.

2 comments:

mern said...

i find it insulting that u imply i evolved from a caveman.

lol

hear a lot of that chatter down here. its befuddling

Bunkerman said...

I'm going to write about creationism over the weekend, I think. I heard a lot of that on the Bible belt radio in Ohio & got an idea.