Friday, April 13, 2007

What's Going On?

More looting. Today's WSJ has an article on how private equity & hedgies are sucking money out of deals before even taking them public to prove their value. They get investment banks to lend the company money to pay themselves a fat dividend. They're just hogs at the trough.

Tax complexity. I guess if I knew any pure math topology, I'd be able to describe the US tax forms in terms of hypersurfaces, connections & other concepts. But I don't. Doing the forms by hand, I'm always amazed how the parts of one form connect to others. And how easy it is to make a mistake & have to do some of them over. That just happened. :-(((

South Park. We watched the South Park global warming show last night - hilarious. So true. What a good TV show!

Solar System Warming. I guess man is polluting the whole solar system somehow. Mars, Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto and Triton (a moon of Neptune) and some other moons of Jupiter & Saturn are warming, too. See http://motls.blogspot.com/2006/05/global-warming-on-jupiter.html I have other sources for this, too. The reach of man's destructiveness is amazing! ;-)

Arrogance. World Bank CEO Paul Wolfowitz promotes a babe he was bopping; gets caught. This is really disgusting and happens all the time in DC & probably in other power centers. Where is the morality? I'm no blue nose, but I really don't like that behavior.

1 comment:

mern said...

LOL. obviously the humans and the cows r ruining the entire solar system.

ya ya that global warming one is a classic. now if u seen the movie "the day after tomorrow" the episode is even funnier.

i like the chicago reporter "no reports of global warming here yet, but we think 600 billion r dead"

"kyle give me your jew gold, for the last time"

klye at gunpoint "ok"

long eric cartmen calls in size