Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Waking Up Tired

We had a sick dog last night - Krypto must have eaten something disgusting outside. I didn't get a lot of sleep; Mrs. B got less. Krypto's fine this morning after purging her system :-((

Not much news today. Some pop in the grains overnight, not sure why. The USDA crop progress and conditions reports looked in line. Next Monday there's a USDA crop report to update the USDA expectations on this year's crops. That might be big.

Lol, speaking of crop reports, I watched that movie, Trading Places. The last 1/2 was pretty funny - when they caught onto how they were being manipulated. The first half sucked - I could have never gotten through it without guessing the happy ending.

I really don't like movies without happy endings. Normally I just stay away or turn them off. I've been through enough sadness in reality to not need to see sadness or unhappiness in my entertainment.

I'll post some "PS's" later - right now I need breakfast.

PS: I closed my sugar marker position just now. I lost hope that it can turn around. My entry was too early.

PPS: I don't think the Brazilian coffee will get a freeze near term. I'm closing my coffee marker for a small gain. I didn't like the lack of follow-thru yesterday.

P^3S: My commodity account is now at 1x leverage, pricing all the contracts at full value. I think corn, cocoa, hogs & natural gas offer the best profit prospects. I'm long all of those & will add if favorable.

P^4S: I see some research that palm oil was up big overnight in Malaysia, dragging soybean oil [hence soybeans] along. I still think I'll get a chance to re-buy soybeans later at better prices - the beefers are pretty long & might want to book some profits. If not, "that's trading".

1 comment:

Bud said...

Seen TradingPlaces a hundred times. I still laugh.