Thursday, May 3, 2007

Back in the Saddle

What a great song by Gene Autry!

I'm back in my Aeron chair in the "turret" surrounded by 13 monitors (three quad mounts & one large single) plus the TV. So my office looks like a turret on a medieval castle with battlements. I survived the Beast.

Today we have some possibly important productivity data , the weekly unemployment data, and crop exports sales data. Tomorrow is the monthly employment report, which could be important, too.

Ms. Market beat off the vile bear raid of a few days ago, & is taking good care of the real buyers who assisted her on that dip. ;-) The S&P 500 all-time high beckons. Big caps still seem stronger than small caps. Maybe we are seeing slow, steady asset allocation to stock index funds, while beefers still are playing ping-pong. Hmmm. Will they underperform this year, too?

Corn has recovered. Iowa planting is far behind. A good export sales number this AM could help. I think some acres will never get planted & some will be late, hurting yields. So a hot, dry summer weather play is setting up. That's the strategy anyway. I'd like to buy a few more bushels if the chart shapes up.

PS: I'm long soybeans, too. (not sure if I posted that). Whither corn goes, thither goes soybeans. ;-)

PPS: Good productivity, unit labor cost, and jobless claim numbers. Disinflation & stable growth rules! :-)))

8 comments:

Bud said...

Bunkerman I'd love to know what you have on each of your 13 screens. I have 6 right now and am about to go to 7. My trading platform and esignal share 4, news services ( briefing, streetaccount, trading ipo's etc...) on 1, and have 2 chatrooms/im on the 6th. I am going to add the 7th for web surfing and entertainment( viewfromthebunker ). I also recently just switched to watching bloomberg tv over cnbc. Although I keep checking back to watch David Faber ( he is excellent and I have amde some real good money on his takeover plays - MEDI was a big winner for me.)

Bud said...

So if one doesn't hold a stock for 'months' that means you're not a real buyer? Lmaoooooooooo

Bud said...

You are right Bunkerman. That is a sweet tune by Gene.

mern said...

more BLS magic. the revisions were perfect.

14k next stop, probably before may 15th. i say 15k by october

Bunkerman said...

Maybe your eyesight is better than mine, Bud.

One quad mount has StreetAccount, Daily Graphs, my blog, one stock account streamer quote list with about 40 stocks, & GlobalTechStocks site

Another quadmount has TCNet on two monitors with eight 5 minute charts, barchart.com for daily commodity charts, my commodity account & another stock account streamer quote list with about 30 stocks.

Another quad mount has eSignal with stock lists & 5 minute commodity charts & T-notes & dollar & lists of real time commodity prices. Email, too.

The big new monitor on the Vista has Briefing and I'm trying to put Newsware on it but that doesn't work yet (so it's still on the eSignal quad mount in a layer of windows & click around on). I'm thinking of what else to put on this new one.

No chat rooms for me anymore.

Bunkerman said...

Well, I thought I said (or meant to say), with the intent to hold it for months. News can also change anything.

Traders are just noise. Ping-pong players. Real buyers (or sellers) determine the trends.

I make money on trends, not volatility.

Bunkerman said...

btw, I set the font size so I can read them at about 5 feet as I slide around & stand once in awhile.

Bunkerman said...

Beautiful day here. I'm goin for a 4 mile walk with Mrs. B and the four doggies.