Thursday, May 10, 2007

Something GOOD About Getting Older

The bad things about getting older are very well known: aches & pains, grey hair starts creeping in, reading without reading glasses becomes difficult, tendency to gain weight, feet get larger, etc., etc., etc. :-((

BUT, as you get older, you become WISE!

My partner-mentor told me when I was a "smart" 27 year old [ many moons ago ;-) ], that "You don't know anything until you're 45". His mentor had told him that when he was 27, too. [Lol, I remember the imitation of the gravelly voiced, "old-timer" vividly.]

As I turned 45 a few years ago I realized it was TRUE. And going from 45 to 50+ seems to continue the trend.

I think by the time one is 45, one has so many life experiences and has met so many types of people and lived in so many situations and seen so much conflict & resolution and has solved so many life problems that one really is WISER then.

So REJOICE as you get closer to 45 and beyond. You are now wise [ & know something! ;-) ]

2 comments:

mern said...

i knew everything when i was 18.

almost everything at 29.

nothing at 36. im getting dumber. maybe i need to stop drinking gasoline :-)

Bunkerman said...

Wait till 45 Mern. You'll be wise then. ;-)