Friday, May 4, 2007

Protect Yourself at All Times

Oscar de la Hoya's tip on boxing is paraphrased from the referee's final instructions in a fight. And he was correct, too, that it applies to many life situations. ESPECIALLY the stock market.

"Protect Yourself at All Times."

That's why I'm checking the news & markets every day. I'm 150% long and don't want to miss something that gives us a clue that the economic trajectory is changing.

Btw, I do get a feeling that asset allocations are sucking some money from many commodity markets. Maybe the $$$ is going to US big caps. I'll check the commodity index fund positions this week to see if something shows up.

5 comments:

Bud said...

I can't wait for this fight. Should be awesome!! I'm gonna wager on Floyd by a decision.
Sleep in on Saturday Bunkerman. Rockets/Jazz game is at 930pm, shud end around midnite and then watch the fight on payperview. It prolly starts right around midnite.

Bud said...

Mern just got back from bailing out a friend. Wow does jail suck. Had to post $500 cash bond. She got arrested for 'obstruction with violence'. I'm sure you've been to jail in the past Mern. All white trash or boyz from the hood in line while I was there.

Bunkerman said...

9:30 arghhhhhhhhh. I'll never make it :-((

Bunkerman said...

I can't sleep in. Some dog always wakes me up. Even if I try, they dig me out & lick my face by 7AM.

Bunkerman said...

Lately it's Sky. He jumps on me & chews my ear like I'm his Mom.

Or Spike will pick up my arm & move it to make me rub him neck.

No hope to watch it. Darn.