Monday, May 7, 2007

Monday Musings

The World Turned Upside Down -> Hungarian immigrant elected President of France. [no opinion here]

Quiz: Whence came the first clause above, "The World Turned Upside Down"?

On Sunday I went to a rifle match at a "sportsman" club where I'm a member, and won first place after no practice for about a year. In fact, my score was 275 out of 300 with 5 X's, which was higher than every score at the club's matchs last year. :-)) Bunkerman is very good with his rifle. ;-)

We finally had a pleasant spring weekend here: no rain, warm, mostly sunny.

I had to waste 10 minutes with a credit card company this morning. A vendor used the wrong expiration date last week & the credit card company's idiotic security systems started rejecting regular payments to online services. Sheesh. If I've charged the same amount on a credit card from the same vendor for many month's you'd think they could figure out it's legit. Banks suck bigtime; greedy pigs.

Well, I'd better hit my charts.

2 comments:

Bud said...

America moving to the left ....France moving to the right. It sure is a different world.

Bunkerman said...

I guess all flunked the quiz. When the US defeated the British at Yorktown in 1781, the British band played a popular song of the time at the surrender, named ... "The World Turned Upside Down" :-)