Wednesday, May 2, 2007

In the Belly of the Beast

No, I haven't been swallowed by the White Whale. I'm in my office in NYC (midtown area).

Yesterday seems like another day proving that "real buyers do it on the dips" ;-)

The train ride to NYC went very well - this is definitely the way to travel between Boston area & NYC (NYC to DC, too).

I guess there is some inflation - my room at the club costs more. But the coffee & bagel with cream cheese was the same. And the WSJ was the same; subway fare, too (for now). I guess I'll find out about my "World's Greatest Martini" cost at the club bar when I get my bill. I taught the bartenders how to make it. ;-)

5 comments:

mern said...

u gonna drop by cnbc and say hey to jimmy ;-)

Bunkerman said...

Uh, that's an "NFW" ;-)

Bud said...

Jimmy nailed MA today. He been sayin for weeks it's 'worth' 120plus.

Bud said...

Real buyers? After all your dissertations and lectures I still don't know what that means.

Bunkerman said...

Uh, Buh, in simple mono- or bi-syllabic words, a "real" buyer is one that is willing to hold the stock for a few months or more even if it doesn't go up every day or week, or corrects some. A real buyer would add on a small correction, not dump it.


Traders are not real buyers. They are just noise over various time frames.