Monday, May 28, 2007

A Fine Holiday Weekend

Those grilled steaks were unanimously superb yesterday!

I just left the barn/garage where I spent a few hours today working with my hands & tools. I really enjoy these mechanical hobbies. Getting off my butt & using wrenches, grease & hammers is so enjoyable after days of "thought-work".

Today I disassembled two automatic hole-making machines, cleaned, oiled and reassembled them. I used some copper anti-seize for the parts that get hot & rub at high velocity. And I put a special preservative oil on every piece. They should work great at the special event in Vermont this July :-))

Now I'm going to pop open a beer and sit in the shade and read my book on the Thirty Years' War. I'd like to finish it today.

I hope you had a good weekend, too.

No comments: